Marvell has released two microcontroller starter kits that provide another avenue for engineers and makers to integrate IoT functionality into their creations.
The EZ-Connect MW300 and MW302 Wi-Fi microcontroller units are compatible with Google Weave via Marvell’s Andromeda Box IoT platform, Apple’s HomeKit and Amazon Web Services cloud services.
The kits contain the following features:
- System-on-chip (SOC) Cortex-M4F microcontroller with 802.11n Wi-Fi capabilities (wifi only available on MW302)
- Multi-layered security for storage and communications
- Flexible memory architecture with 512kB SRAM with an accelerated flash controller
- Low-power optimisation
- Low bill of materials (BOM) and printed circuit board (PCB) cost: one crystal, quad serial peripheral interface (QSPI) flash, one antenna with a single input power rail
- Sensor, actuator and other component I/O interfaces, including: SPI, I2C, UART, I2S, PWM, ADC and DAC
- Audio and video streaming
- Software development kit and libraries for: HTTP, TLS, BSD Sockets, MQTT, WebSockets, JSON, XML, secure over-the-air firmware, storage, etc.
At this stage, only the wifi-enabled MW302 kit is available for purchase, and retails for US$49.